Monday, June 8, 2009

Long time no post....

Wow, where do I start....January & February fairly uneventful....March - jam packed...snow day, spring break cruise to Mexico - my first cruise ever and I LOVED it!...applied to Grad School.
April...accepted to Grad School in New York City!!! I will move on June 27th and live in New York for 7 weeks! I have sublet a studio apartment on West 69th street right next to the park. I will be studying at Bank Street College and Parsons School of Design (think Project Runway). I will be earning a Master's in Leadership with a Focus on the Visual Arts. It will take me 3 summers in New York (YEA!) and 2 school years online! I'm very excited about the program but most especially that I will be in New York...somewhere I have always wanted to live for an extended period of time...not forever!














May - not a great month - end of the school year is always hectic! Watched a friend bury her 27 year old son...please continue to pray for the Towns Family.


Now it's June and I'm working at the Botanical Gardens to earn spending money for New York...I leave at 7:00pm on Saturday, June 27th....yes, I thought my flight was in the A.M. but in my haste to book in between classes....I didn't read too closely....so I will be arriving at midnight...oh well, it is the city that never sleeps!

Things/people to pray for:
Nephew Christopher
Sister Lucy
Niece and Husband Karen and Jason
Nephew Daniel
Niece and Husband Jennifer and Andy
Towns Family
Friend Katie Lincoln
Friend Sara Watkins
Friend Cindy Moon

Stay tuned for stories and pictures from my wild adventure in NYC!

1 comment:

  1. Well long time no see!!! I was just checking my new followers and decided there is only one Mary Jane and sho nuff. Girl I am thrilled for you about grad school. How fabulous. Suck the life out of your stay in NYC> I'm home from France and go back in about 2 weeks for one week alone in Paris. Well not "completely" alone :), then 2 weeks in the country again for the workshop. We'll have to follow each other through the blogsphere this summer and have a sip in the fall.
    Have a wonderful summer!
    Virg

    ReplyDelete