Sunday, February 6, 2011

Mercedes Half Marathon - February 13, 2011

Hi friends!

I need your support....I am "wogging" (walking/jogging) the half marathon on Sunday, February 13th and since I have NEVER done this before, I think it would be beneficial for me to have a "cheering" section at the halfway point...I figure that is where I will hit the wall :)

I am not fast so don't laugh...but I "wog" a 15 minute mile...if I stay true to this pace I should be in Southside by 8:45am-ish...the easiest place to be is on the corner where Louie Louie's use to be (good southern directions)...

We start at 7:03am...but there are thousands of people running so the time could be off by 10-15 minutes...

Here is a link for a map of the course...I am only doing the 13.1 miles...other crazy people will run the course two times for 26.2 miles!  http://bimrace.com/ba/race/race_map.php?race=19  pay no attention to the date on top of the map...it is from last year :)   Feel free to be at any point along the course!  All of the runners/walkers need support and it is a great boost to have people cheering you on...even if you don't know them!

Hope to see you there!

Much love!
MJ

3 comments:

  1. GOOOOOOO MJ! I would die after 17 feet. I am totally impressed you are doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MJ, you may have to be my cheering section along the route... i am totally impressed with your dedication thus far and you are sure to out-wog me being that I have not prepared at all for this years event. Nonetheless, I am proud of you and look forward to celebrating with you at the finish line!!! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU DID IT! April in Nashville? Country Music Marathon and Half. Great bands along the way and a HUGE PARTY throughout.

    ReplyDelete