Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Creative Every Day!

So....it has been 6 months since my last post...shame on me! But, today I joined a group called "Creative Every Day!" so I am challenging myself to blog at least once a week and post my new creative endeavors...so stay tuned and I will post some pics soon...I can already feel my creative juices flowing!

We just spent the Memorial Day weekend at Gulf Shores, Al...beautiful weather, beach and water...unfortunately the oil from the oil spill has now reached Mobile's Dauphin Island and is headed towards Gulf Shores and Orange Beach...they haven't closed the beaches yet but it should be any day now....this really makes me sad because these trips have become a tradition and they save my sanity....don't know what I will do if we can't continue them...

In the meantime, let me catch you up on the fam...

Christopher is celebrating his one year "clean" birthday, has a full time job, an apartment and we are so proud of him....he went to the beach with us this past weekend...the first time in many years and we had a great time!

Jacob and Jessica are preparing for their first week as leaders at Camp Winnataska! They are so very excited and I am excited for them...and a little jealous! They will spend the majority of their summer in the woods of the camp we love the best of all! They check in at 9:30 Sunday morning and Lucy and I are going up for church at 11:00...great way to start the summer at the "little brown church" :)

Collin (great nephew) has made All-Stars and will be playing baseball all summer...he spent the majority of his beach time playing imaginary baseball...he truly loves the game!

Brylie Jane (great niece) graduated kindergarten and was given an Art Award! She is quite prissy and we had a great time playing on the beach and eating grapes and cheese...she loves to snack!

Jason graduated high school and will be attending the University of Tennessee in the fall...I know, I know...

Kensley finished her first year on high school and was on the dance line!

Lindsay and Micah are in Ireland even as I type this!

Jennifer and Andy are living in Florida, much closer to the family but still far away :(

Daniel has finished his first year at the Goshen High School band director and did an amazing job with the band!

Karen and Jason are AMAZING parents...the proof is in their kids!

Cleo and Marc are celebrating their Anniversary this month!

Susan and Troy are ridiculously doting grandparents...spoiling Collin and Brylie rotten :)

Johnny and Maria are wrapping up their mission work in Guatemala and will be returning to the states in the Fall....we can't wait!

Lucy is doing great...she is engaged to Jim and they will wait to marry until the twins are seniors so they can stay at Hoover High. She also just got her a sporty new convertible!

Okay, I think that is everyone...

I leave June 26th for NYC to resume my Master's Program and will be learning printmaking this summer...have never done this so it will be fun, stressful and interesting...I'll keep you posted on my progress and of course any celebrity sightings!

Much love
MJ

2 comments:

  1. MJ - I love the fact that your blog is spent talking about what is going on with the fam and includes only about one sentence that is going on with you. Just shows what a wonderful selfless person you are - always thinking about others!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for those sweet words!

    As I was writing this I was thinking...Allison will read this if no one else does! Ha! and you were the first!

    Love you too!

    ReplyDelete