Tuesday, June 29, 2010

First few days in NYC and first celebrity sighting of the summer...

Hi y'all!

I arrived Saturday night and was unpacked and drinking a Brooklyn Lager by 10:30pm...felt good to be back and very  comfortable!

Got up Sunday morning and went to church then down to Riverside Drive for a great cheeseburger while watching the boats coming in and out of the Hudson River

...walked along the river and found the Boathouse Project....I have signed up to be a volunteer on the weekends....it is a group of kayak enthusiast who run 3 different piers and offer free kayaking to anyone interested....they also do volunteer paddle trips during the week....never been in a kayak but it sounds and looked like a lot of fun...I will let you know...my first day is Saturday!

Orientation was yesterday so I got to meet the new 1st year students and see all my friends from last year...it was GREAT to see everyone and catch up in person!

On my way to class today as I was waiting on the bus I spotted Abe Vigoda...Fish from Barney Miller...70's sitcom!  I snuck a picture and sent it to Lucy...her response was, "I honestly thought he was dead"...I thought the same thing but there he was in living color!

Gotta go study now but check back next week for more!

Much Love!
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment