Saturday, January 8, 2011

Wogging - 2011

So the New Year started off kind of slow...I had pneumonia before Christmas and it kept me from exercising for 3 weeks!  Now, I have never been one who craves exercise but my body has gotten quite use to it and when you pay money to participate in a race you really hate to waste it....

I resisted the urge to go to the gym or train in anyway the first week back at school because I really wanted to participate in the Red Nose Run - 5K that I had signed up for and my friend Mike, from high school, was also signed up so I didn't want to ditch him....so without any prep or exercise of any kind...I wogged (walk/jog) the 5K on a very cold Saturday morning...Mike and his wife Kris were there but we couldn't do the course together because they are both over 6 feet tall and my short legs just won't keep up with them...my only goals were to finish with somebody coming in behind me :)

I was concerned about losing the time that I had worked up to but in the end I actually improved my time...I averaged 13:02 min/mile as opposed to the 14:56 min/mile I did at the 10K...

Was doubting the 1/2 marathon that I have coming up but now feel like I can definitely do it...the balloon lady will not defeat me!!!

Here is a picture of me and Mike before the race!

Much love,
MJ

p.s.
I made the hat and wrist warmers that I am wearing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment