Sunday, July 12, 2009

Another Week Down....3 more to go!

Got to spend 3 days in the art studio at Parsons this week! 9:00-4:00 - great therapy! Got to know some of the people in the 2nd and 3rd year portion of this program and got to lose myself in the process of art! Love putting in my ipod to paint...listening to Wicked and Camp Songs....great way to spend the day! Went out Friday after class to happy hour and then dinner. We walked a LONG way to the East Village and hung out at a really cool "local" bar...then we walked to SoHo for dinner...can't remember the name of the place but it was really good food....y'all would be proud of me for venturing out of my comfort zone and trying food that I normally would not....like Vietnamese raviloi....delish!!! These are some of the students I'm in school with...

Saturday, I went back to Coney Island to sit on the beach...got alot of reading done on the trip to the beach but none while actually laying out....very windy, lots of sand blasting about my head and neck! Still had sand in my ears today!

Today I got up and went to church...same as last week but this week I wore leggings so as not to flash anyone! When I walked in I immediately smelled fried chicken! Made me very happy...they had a fellowship reception after church and there it was...the best fried chicken I have had in a long time! Met lots of new people including the cute little man from last week, here is his picture, his name is Brother Clifford Jones!

After church I came home for more reading and then met Laura Britt and some of her friends from home at Serendipity for Frozen Hot Chocolate! It was to die for! And Serendipity is the cutest place!

Back home now and have to write 2 reflection papers before tomorrow....rumor has it that Carly Miller will be here this week so I have to make sure I get everything done so I can go play while she is here.

Hope everyone is doing well and I can't wait to see y'all! I do have 2 blow up mattresses if anyone is interested in visiting....you have to be able to take care of yourself though....pretty busy during the week :)

Much love!

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment