Monday, July 13, 2009

...an idea...

I realize some of you that read this blog are not on Facebook so I wanted to share a painting that I did last week...

I am so totally enthralled with the idea of "living" in New York that I am still looking around everywhere I go and am totally amazed at what and who I see, how they live/exist, how they get around and how most of them seem to do this in total solitude. You have to be "hardy" to live in New York!

This is a combination photograph/painting...the photograph is one I took of the 69th street entrance of Central Park and the painting portion is taken from a photo I snapped on the bus of a random woman lost in thought, listening to an ipod and sipping her coffee.

I wasn't sure of the composition but I think the juxtaposition of the building in the front of her and the park behind hers says something of the way she appears to be feeling...focused on starting a new week but sad to leave the weekend behind? I don't know...what do you think?

I LOVE people watching!

Much love
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment